You need to upgrade your Flash Player to version 9 or later.
Video Excerpts From the Toolbox DVD
The Absolute Method For Beginning Snare Drum
In the Book . . .
- Instructions on set-up & tuning your snare drum
- Ten lessons covering reading, stroke types, cut time, triple meter, rudiments, and more
- 20 solos and 11 duets, each focused on the material for each lesson
- Fun "Eye-Q Review" tests at the end of each lesson
- Chop-Builders Page
- The "15 Toolbox Essential Rudiments"
- Five rudiment solos each focusing on (3) rudiments
- A two-page "Grand Finale" solo
Included on the DVD . . .
- Video instruction for each lesson in the "Toolbox"
- An interview with Scott Brown detailing classroom format
- Video instruction on the nine "Toolbox" percussion instruments with Dr. Julie Hill
- Two play-along tracks (mp3's at two tempos) for every solo & duet
- 62 mp3 "Groove Tracks" diverse in styles and tempos for practice
- 26 mp3 Stick-Click metronome tempos
- Over 40 pages of additional exercises, the PAS 40 Rudiments, instructions on how to build a classroom practice pad and a percussion ensemble in printable PDF format
What Folks Say! . . .
- The Snare Drummer’s Toolbox is a unique, multimedia resource for today’s beginning percussionist. The book and DVD present fundamental musical concepts in a fun and interactive way for students of all ages. This method book is not only a great tool for the student but also a useful resource for today’s music educator.
Ryan Frost / Percussion Educator / WV University
- I purchased your new "Drummers Toolbox" this fall for use at our middle school. The book is absolutely fantastic! I have sung its praises to any who would listen..... it has been a great tool for working with our young percussionists that I wish I had possessed years ago. Keep up the good work!
Dan McGuire / Director of Percussion
Science High School / Johnson City, TN